An affordable Catholic education starts here!
We are excited to offer current and prospective students an opportunity to make private Catholic education a viable possibility. Saint Rita School offers three scholarship opportunities for families. Every family can apply for the Merit and Angel Fund scholarships. The Parish Scholarship is available to all parishioners of Saint Rita Parish, Church of the Holy Angels in Bainbridge, Church of the Resurrection in Solon, and Our Lady of Perpetual Help in Aurora.
- The Merit Scholarship is the first of its kind offered by a private elementary school, basing its criteria not just on financial need, but also on the merit and quality of the student. No other private, Catholic elementary school in the diocese currently offers this. "We are starting something special here," says Fr. Burchell, former Pastor of Saint Rita Parish, "We are investing in the most important resource we have--our young students."
- The Angel Fund Scholarship is a tax credit program that offers Ohio residents the opportunity to receive a 100% Ohio income tax credit of up to $750 (if one files single) or $1,500 (for those who file jointly) against one's state tax liability. "In other words, the state of Ohio allows one to 'spend' some of the state income taxes one would pay anyway in order to provide tuition assistance for students seeking an education in our Catholic School. Click here to learn more.
- Lastly, the Parish Scholarship is a discount offered to Saint Rita Parish families who wish to send their children to Saint Rita School. Families from Church of the Holy Angels in Bainbridge, Church of the Resurrection in Solon, and Our Lady of Perpetual Help in Aurora are also eligible to receive this scholarship.
Scholarship Application Instructions
- Every year, ALL applicants must APPLY or RENEW their Saint Rita Merit Scholarship, Angel Fund Scholarship, and Parish Scholarship award by downloading and completing the applicable application (links below).
- All parts of each application MUST be completed in order to be considered for tuition assistance from each of the scholarship funds.
- Please return the completed Saint Rita Merit Scholarship, Angel Fund Scholarship, and/or Parish Scholarship applications to the Saint Rita Middle School Office.
- Saint Rita School will pay the $35 application fee on your behalf.
- Note: If you are a first time applicant, you will be required to fill out one FACTS application per family, regardless of whether you are applying for the Saint Rita Merit Scholarship, Angel Fund Scholarship or Diocesan Financial Aid.
Saint Rita School Merit Scholarship Application
Angel Fund Scholarship Application
Saint Rita Parish Scholarship
Access FACTS Management Application Instructions for the Saint Rita Merit Scholarship and Angel Fund Scholarship
Click here for a FAQ on applying for the Saint Rita School Merit and Angel Fund Scholarship
Please note, if you are applying for the Saint Rita Parish Scholarship only, you do not need to submit any financial information. Financial information only needs to be submitted for those families who are applying for the Saint Rita Merit Scholarship and/or the Angel Fund Scholarship.
- From your Saint Rita FACTS Parent Portal and click on "Financial" then click on "Apply for Grant & Aid."
- Enter your log-in and password that was used in the previous year. First time users will need to "Create an Account."
- Application and supporting documents due Friday, March 10, 2023.
- Application Fee: $35.00 (Saint Rita School will pay this fee)
- Important: For Diocesan Aid you must use the 2022 documents as stated below. For the Saint Rita Merit and Angel Fund Scholarship application you can use 2021 or 2022 documents.
- Required Supporting Documentation may include:
- Copies of your most recent W-2 forms for both you and your spouse
- Copies of your most recent Federal tax forms including all supporting schedules.
- Supplemental income documentation: Social Security income, Welfare, Food Stamps, Child Support, 1099-M Forms, Worker’s Compensation, Unemployment, Veterans Benefits, Housing Allowance, etc.
- Please note:
- Documentation should be submitted at the time the application is completed
- Applications submitted without documentation will not be processed
- Application IDs must be included on all documents. Failure to include your ID will delay processing of your application.
- Direct Upload the PDF and login with your username and password.
- For help or assistance, you may contact FACTS Customer Care 866-441-4637.